The predicted impacts include:
- Public and commercial filling stations exhausted within 48 hours.
- Up to 10 days to return to normal supplies.
The consequences could include:
- Inability to provide essential services to vulnerable individuals.
- Local and national economic impact.
What can you do?
- Maintain your vehicle in order that it is as fuel efficient as possible.
- Minimise travel during fuel shortages, and only make essential journeys.
- Consider other means of conserving fuel, such as car sharing, public transport, walking or cycling.
- Avoid panic buying.