The predicted impacts could include:
- Disruption to normal travel capabilities.
- Death or injury to people.
- People stranded in vehicles potentially in extreme weather conditions.
- Environmental impact if goods or fuel are spilled into the local environment.
- Possible damage to buildings.
The consequences could include:
- Impact on businesses through delayed or failed deliveries.
- Extreme delays to passenger journeys.
- Delays in emergency services reaching people.
- Impact on economy if damage to critical transport infrastructure.
What can you do?
- Have an emergency kit in your car for basic items when you travel.You may not be directly involved in an accident but the transport disruption could last for hours.
- When driving, abide by the rules of the road, adhere to speed limits and drive safely.
- Ensure your vehicle is kept in a roadworthy and safe condition.
- Avoid non-essential journeys during times of severe weather.