Prepare but don't panic! Emergencies are unlikely but they can happen, and with a few small steps you can prepare for the unexpected.
Are you prepared for these types of things to happen to you?
- Power cuts, or disruption to gas supplies
- Flooding at home, on the roads or at your place of business
- Severe weather, high winds or snow
- Loss of telephone communications
- Evacuation from your home or business
- Being confined indoors at home, at work or somewhere else
- Unplanned seperation from family members
- Becoming stranded or severely delayed on a journey in your car