Would you need extra support in a power cut?
Generally speaking, power cuts don't happen very often but if the electicity network is damaged the lights across parts of Essex may go out.
Do you or someone you know need extra support during a power cut, maybe a relative, friend or neighbour? If the answer
is yes, did you know that UK Power Networks provide extra support to vulnerable people during a power cut.
You need to sign up to their Priority Services Register.
Customers who can join the Priority Services Register include:
- Dependent on medical equipment
- Chronically ill
- Hearing impaired or blind
- Elderly customers
- Nursing or residential homes
- Young babies in the household
- Other cases may also be considered
What support can you get?
This doesn't necessarily mean that UK Power Networks can get your power back on more quickly but you will receive:
- A priority phone number that you can call 24 hours a day if you have a power cut
- A welcome pack with useful advice about preparing for a power cut
- Regular text message or phone updates during a power cut
- Extra support from the British Red Cross to visit your come (if you agree)
For further details visit the UK Power Networks website.