Prepare your business
If you own or are responsible for a business or organisation, have you considered the impact of an emergency on your business?
How would your organisation cope with...
- A sudden and significant reduction in staff?
- Denial of access to your building, one of your sites or a whole geographical area?
- Unexpected loss of mains electricity, gas or water?
- Significant disruption to transport?
- Disruption to the availability of fuel?
- Loss of telecommunications or internet?
- Loss or disruption to your computer systems?
- Disruption which affects your key suppliers or partners? What if they go into liquidation?
Business Continuity is the processes, procedures and plans that you put in place to help your business cope with the impact of an emergency on your business.
Further information can be found in the Essex Community Risk Register Public Information located in the Know Your Risks section.
- BCM 10 Minute Assessment 74 KB